Monday 21 April 2008

Crisis of confidence...


Ive been feeling a bit wobbly about my ability to make anything half decent and worthy of sale over the past few days. This is a knitted flower which I have needle felted onto another phone case - it is mohair which seems to needle felt quite well (other wool items dont seem to needle felt as well - especially some baby llama Ive been using) I'll just have to keep experimenting, but any advice is welcome...
Ive been getting my branding ready with the help of Mr Monda, despite the fact that Mr Blatherskite does the same job...when I asked I might as well have been asking for a kidney! He is a very busy chap just now. Ive settled on the name 'Oddball&Sticks' - mainly because I tend to do one ball projects (I get easily bored!) and I tend to call knitting needles my 'sticks'. Again, comments welcome. Well, more typing means less knitting so I'd better be off for now.

3 comments:

monda-loves said...

hmm, if all else fails on the day of the stall, we can buy something of each others and at least feel like we made some money.

The beauty of me being your sister is that I can tell you if I think something is naff, and you won't get completely offended by it. I have seen nothing naff on here so far, so keep on knitting.

Mr Monda will send branding through later

monda
x

Kitty said...

Noooooo .... you mustn't lose faith in yourself. Your stuff is fabulous, and I know because I possess something you made. And people keep admiring it and telling me how lovely it is. So there.

Anything you don't sell at the fayre, you can put in your Etsy shop. Don't lose heart.

Take care (((hugs))) x

the onliest said...

Thankyou chaps - hugs and kisses gratefully received!